.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Greatest forward ever? Greatest Forward Ever!

This will warm your heart, especially if you have lost faith in human kindness. This letter was sent to the principals' office after an elementary school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly. An old lady had received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize, and was writing to say thank you. This story is a credit to all human kind. Forward to anyone you know who might need a lift today! __________________________________ Dear Faculty and Students, God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizens' luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at an Assisted Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and it's nice to know someone is thinking of me. God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady. My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio. Before I received this one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping. The other day, her radio fell off the night stand and broke into a lot of little pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. She asked if she could listen to mine, and I said fuck you. Thank you for that opportunity. Sincerely, Agnes

12 Comments:

At 2/08/2006 07:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO


jonas

 
At 2/08/2006 07:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Agnes!

 
At 2/08/2006 07:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am having the time of my life here, very funny indeed, :-)

Per, Sweden

 
At 2/08/2006 08:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely refreshing

 
At 2/08/2006 09:29:00 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Since you are still looking for a distraction, SM, here is another one:

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/bkgallery.html

I liked it - and I am a cat lover!

Cheers!

 
At 2/08/2006 10:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case some cat lover goes all berserk, the bonsai kitten site is a hoax.

 
At 2/08/2006 10:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like my grandma.

 
At 2/08/2006 10:44:00 AM, Blogger rastronomicals said...

Sadly, so is 84-year old Agnes :(
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_old_folks_home.htm

However fabricated the story may be, we can still take moral instruction from the story. :)

 
At 2/08/2006 05:43:00 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Funny yo!

 
At 2/08/2006 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Jehan said...

SM- remember how in my dorm i live next door to catholics?? and how i was so happy they don't have sex?? well...there goes that blessing...I'm counting 2 times tonight..wtf is going in my life!
also, i love agnes...sounds like my grandmother too!

 
At 2/09/2006 06:33:00 AM, Blogger 30dollarwatch said...

Agnes Rocks! Rock on...Even if you are just an imaginary joke...This is right up there withe Calvin & Hobbes snowmen and 'Rules for Visiting the South'

 
At 2/09/2006 09:51:00 AM, Blogger Instructor said...

I have to disagree. "Agnes" is a good example of why we are still fighting over Ishmael and Isaac...

She should have turned the other cheek. Eventually, the old feuds have to end...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home