.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Egyptian Sandmonkey in the Christian science Monitor

It was brought to my attention that my blog was mentioned in the Christian Science Monitor, which made me super excited because it meant that the story by Charles Levinson- from the arabist- was finally published. Eager to find any soundbites from my 1 hour interview with him, I read the article and found..well..nothing of it at all. Grrrrrrrr. Damn you Charles for raising my expectations. Damn you to hell! Ok. Allright. Ok, I am much calmer now. I've calmed down. I was just kidding by the way: there is no reason for me to get mad at him at all. I mean, after all, none of the other bloggers he interviewed made it on the article either, with the noteable exception of Alaa, who lets face it, is the most fearless amongst us. However, My blog was the first one mentiond of in the egyptian blogs list, so that's cool. What also drew me as interesting was that the 3 blogs mentioned were mine, Big Pharaoh's and Baheyya's. I am guessing that this probably didn't make Baheyya very happy, since I heard through the grapevine that she doesn't like me or Big Pharaoh all that much for some unknown reason, which sucks cause I like her blog. Oh well. Anyway... There was an interesting bonus to that article: we found out that that's where the spam comment involving Alaa on my blog came from. I am wondering if that's legal for the spammers to do. Come on CS Monitor. File a lawsuit for copyright infringment and lock those annoying bastards who spam our comments sections. I bet there is some money to make there for you, so get on it!

7 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 04:04:00 AM, Blogger Kat said...

famous again. although, with your wit and charm, it might be a good thing they didn't quote you. Your mother would have killed you.

 
At 8/25/2005 04:13:00 AM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

true, true!

 
At 8/25/2005 08:27:00 AM, Blogger ritzy said...

Great blog today, really great, keep it up.

I objected to the CSM story when I found it this morning -blogged on my site- since it seems far fetched to claim that bloggers are leading the opposition when the egyptian blogsphere is actually quite marginal and the blog listed, Alaa the exception, are largely tuned to people outside Egypt. Like Baheyya would say in an interview 10 years from now "yeah, my weekly comment brought to regime down." Not.

Charles have done some really good reports recently - this one not included in my opinion - and I think he might have tried very hard for an hour to get something *printable* out of your ranting and rumbling. Don't damn him for protecting your blogging butt!

Ok, let me wrap this up by posting a link:
http://missmabrouk.blogspot.com/2005/08/bloggers-pushing-limits-of-dissent.html

 
At 8/25/2005 04:13:00 PM, Blogger R said...

واحنا عمّالين نكتب بالعربي لنفسنا :) حتّى كلمة سكس بالعربي بيجيلنا ناس من السعوديّة بيبحثوا عن "أجمل قصص سكس" أو "جنس المحارم"..

شفت التفرقة :)

ـ

 
At 8/26/2005 03:12:00 AM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

Ahh ya Ramy. Bass at least you bget the arabic speaking audience. If I had the command on the written arabic language that you had (plus arabic typing skills) I would be doing this with youy in arabic. Bass a3mel eih ba2ah!

 
At 12/03/2005 12:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandmonkey said: {I am guessing that this probably didn't make Baheyya very happy, since I heard through the grapevine that she doesn't like me or Big Pharaoh all that much for some unknown reason, which sucks cause I like her blog. Oh well. Anyway...}

I had a look at her website...she seems very anti-Sadatist, leftist...(anti-American, "pan-Arabist"...Yada, yada bullshit.) Maybe that's why she wouldn't like you guys. I quickly lost interest in her site myself.

This is my second post here, gotta get myself a blogger profile.

Cheers.

 
At 1/08/2006 11:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

اثارت فتوي جديدة تحرم التجرد من الملابس خلال المعاشرة الزوجية جدلا بين عدد من اساتذة الشريعة في مصر. فقد افتي الشـيخ رشاد حسن خليل عميد كلية الشريعة والقانون السابق بان التجرد مـن الملابس اثناء المعاشرة الزوجية يبطل عقد الزواج . واعتبر الشيخ عبدالله مجاور امين لجنة الفتوي في الازهر ان النظر الي الجسد مستحب باستثناء الفرج ( اللى هو اهم حاجة ) ومن ثم اوصي بان يستتر الزوجان برداء او غطاء
هل رأيتم او سمعتم او علمتم ماهو اغرب وافظع واغبى من هذا الرجل .. انة يحرم حتى الجنس بين الزوج وزوجته انهم يريدون لنا الدخول الى مستشفى الامراض العقلية .. او نفعلها مثلهم من فوق الهدوم .. ينعل دين امك ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home