.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Thursday, March 24, 2005

All Apologies

I am really sorry for the lack of posting this week, but I had a huge work load subjected on me in an attempt by my direct superior to make me look like the “incompetent fool” he claims I am to everyone else in top management, because he knows top management likes me and might replace him with me. You know, the usual song and dance of incompetent people afraid for their positions which they know they don’t deserve. Unfortunately for him, the nature of my job allows me to interact directly with top management and do jobs for them without my superior’s supervision and interference. So, in order to make me look bad and ruin my deadlines, he kept handing me “last minute assignments” of “extreme importance” to be my “top priority” to waste my time. Needless to say, he didn’t know who he was messing with and I ended up working till 8 pm everyday this week to finish everything I was given on time. And today its over, so now I can finally catch up on some blogging. On a side note, thanks for everyone sharing their stories involving office politics, I am glad to know I am not the only one.

1 Comments:

At 3/24/2005 08:25:00 PM, Blogger Twosret said...

Welcome back Sam. Glad you are still kicking.

T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home