.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Friday, July 01, 2005

Iran Prez update!

On Iran's President being a potential 1979 Hostage Taker, well, more people say it's him, others keep insisting it's not him, and i am starting to get bored with the whole thing. Who cares? The guy hates America regardless. It's all good! On a more Fun note, The CS Monitor has this article where it argues that the Iranians and the Americans are exactly the same, and that Ahmeddinjad is nothing but the reflection of G.W. Bush! Enjoy the fun comparison and the picture of two Iranian women stepping over a painted american flag on the street. Hey, US readers, do you think you guys can do the same with an Iranian flag and get away with it? Just wondering!

4 Comments:

At 7/01/2005 04:14:00 PM, Blogger programmer craig said...

I saw some of the former hostages being interviewed last night and they were all sure it was him. He was apparrently the guy in charge of the english speaking interrogators, so he wasn't just a face in the crowd. He was a guy they had to deal with a lot. But I agree with you, it changes nothing, true or not. Although, I have to say, electing this guy was the best possible thing that could have happened from the US perspective. All the pretense of reform is gone now. This makes it easier for the US to do whatever it's going to have to do. And I do think America will have to do something. The nuclear program is forcing an end to the 26 years of hostile non-engagement. Now it's going to be hostile engagement, instead, in some form or another.

I saw on an Iranian blog site an article that claimed Bush and What's his face the Iranian dude both had terrible human rights records, and he even provided proof that the government of Iran and the US are identical! It would have been funny if I didn't think he was trying to be serious. I always thought Iranians were intelligent, but I guess I only meet the smart ones who manage to get the hell out of Iran, eh?

 
At 7/02/2005 04:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course we could do that to an Iranian and get away with it. This is America. (cliche' yes, but true. freedom of speech and all that) It's messing with an American flag that will get your ass kicked around here :) In my neighborhood, anyway.

Michelle

 
At 7/02/2005 04:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also want to add that seeing someone burn or otherwise desecrate an American flag in another country doesn't really make me mad or even impress me at all. I don't care what they think, because I know that ultimately we are a force of good in the world.

Now if they burned an Iranian flag publicly, in Iran, THAT would take some gonads.

Michelle

 
At 7/02/2005 04:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness --- Preview really IS your friend!

re: my above
Of course we could do that to an Iranian FLAG and get away with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home