.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Monday, February 13, 2006

Just causing trouble part deux

This is the frontpage of the Egyptian Newspaper Al Multaqa Al Dawly (the international meeting place). Very inventive, no? (h/t: Angelsiiighs) dronning You know, in terms of retaliatory humor, we-muslims and arabs- are way way behind. We are not imaginative in how we make fun of who makes fun of us. I mean, look at this picture of the Queen of Denmark. Oooh, Queen's head on the body of a belly dancer, that's funn...nahh...that's lame. And if it's suppsoed to be humiliating, it really isn't, because the danes make fun of their queen all the time, and sometimes in more graphic ways than this. And when they do put her head on someone else's body, they make it look good and realistic. But then again, they probably use tools more advanced than sicssors and glue. The Danes will probably look at this and laugh, because, like, they have a sense of humor. No chips on their shoulders. To cite an example, the person I took this from said : "Danish women realyyy know how to keep their bodies in shape"! I don't know about you, but I am guessing the Al Multaqqa Al Dawly people wouldn't be happy with that response. You know?

8 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 02:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sandmonkey.
You're quite right. It's not even provocative. Most Danes would find it ridiculous at most. It would not make them laugh.

 
At 2/13/2006 02:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The story were brought in the danish newspaper Politiken few days ago, and till now I haven't seen any reaction at all, not even in discussion forums.

I looked at the drawing, and when I tried to imagine some angry dude on the Al Multaqa Al Dawly trying his best to create some kind of danish response, I really laughed my ass off.

As if anyone in DK really cared...

Btw. the most normal carricatures in DK about the queen, is about her hats, her smokinghabits and her husbond.

When I see the carricature in the Al Multaqa Al Dawly I most of all become bit sad, because it's a living proof that artistic creativity is not high rated in schools in egypt :(

Please send the editor a crack to adobes photoshop.
He need it badly!

 
At 2/13/2006 02:51:00 AM, Blogger Angelsiiighs said...

tzzzzzzzzzz..... Just to mention...
When i first saw this pic, i was laughing my self down on the floor, and I actually think Margrethe is laughing too (she is known as a very broadminded and artistic queen with a good sense of self ironic view)


and yeeessshhh... I'm Danish.... (acording to my papers)
Though...I'm not living in Denmark.
The love of my life is born muslim and im planning to move to one of those crazyyy muslim countryes... actually i'll be going there end of this week, to work as a undercover Angel...

tzzzzzzzzzzzzz

 
At 2/13/2006 03:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The story were brought in the danish newspaper Politiken few days ago,..."

That´s why I missed it (I don´t read feminist gay crap, as their new slogan goes).

But really, we´re underwhelmed. Don´t expect your embassy to be burned down anytime soon.

;-)

/Limagolf

 
At 2/13/2006 07:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I'm with Adrian on the chuckle. The pictures themselves didn't bother me or make me laugh, but the image of the child-like, huffy, pouty red-in-the-face author spewing random insults in the article did strike me as rather amusing.

He would make a good cartoon figure. :P

 
At 2/13/2006 08:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to disagree, SM. The danes absolutely have a sense of humour, but we don't find this picture amusing. We're used to much better caricatures of our queen, PM, MP's, Jesus and Mother Mary. We're not that used to good caricatures of Mohammad, though. It seemes that the tries stopped after the first draft...

I have heard (it's not verified) that our queen smokes egyptian cigarettes. A lot of egyptian cigarettes!

You'll go bankrupt if she desides to boycut egyptian products...

 
At 2/13/2006 10:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree TOTALLY with what MR. HOLGER said. As a result of this OUTRAGEUOS insult against ALL DANISH people EVERYWHERE in the WORLD (Even the republicans), we will DEMAND a formal apology from the goverment, for allowing this ANTI-QUEEN(SBWH) slander to be allowed. It shows the Queenophobia creeping across Egypt. I will meet with Mr Holger, and help him wipe his arse, REAL GOOD. Then we will SEE who is laughing. HA

 
At 2/16/2006 12:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should protest with dignity and settle with torching some egyptian cigarettes in a backyard.
But it is really cold outside - and raining too. Could we wait until the weather is better?
And I want to see the pyramids, so leave them intact please.
And the embassy - then CNN will come, and it doesn't look good on TV. So instead we should build a house in Lego and break it up afterwards.
The flag thing is against the law. As long as you use something legal I couldn't care less how you treat your rear ends.
I think that will teach somebody something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home