.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Sunday, February 12, 2006

A Rabbi, a Mullah and a Priest

In the spirit of lightening things up, I give you this joke that I've found in Irshad Manji's latest article (which you should probably read as well): Here’s my attempt: a priest, a rabbi and a mullah meet at a conference about religion, and afterwards are sitting around discussing their different faiths. The conversation turns to the topic of taboos.

The priest says to the rabbi and the mullah, “You guys can’t tell me that you’ve never eaten pork.”

“Never!” intones the rabbi.

“Absolutely not!” insists the mullah.

But the priest is sceptical. “Come on, not even once? Maybe in a fit of rebellion when you were younger?”

“Okay,” confesses the rabbi. “When I was young, I once nibbled on bacon.”

“I admit it,” the mullah laughs (not excessively). “In a fit of youthful arrogance, I sampled a pork chop.”

Then the conversation turns to the priest’s religious observances. “You can’t tell me you’ve never had sex,” says the mullah.

“Of course not!” The priest protests. “I took a vow of chastity.”

The mullah and the rabbi roll their eyes. “Maybe after a few drinks?” the rabbi teases.

“Perhaps, in a moment of temptation, your faith waned?” the mullah wonders.

“Okay,” the priest confesses. “Once, when I was drunk in seminary school, I had sexual relations with a woman.”

“Beats pork, huh?” say the rabbi and the mullah.

True That!

6 Comments:

At 2/12/2006 11:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true, but I can't see the joke ?

 
At 2/12/2006 05:46:00 PM, Blogger yochanan said...

have you met my .... beacon not bad.

 
At 2/13/2006 12:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

booh, a groaner...

 
At 2/13/2006 01:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..Our priests have it made... They are allowed to eat pork and have sex... and drink alkohol, listen to rockmusic, sing, dance and draw drawings..
/da protestant

 
At 2/15/2006 04:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, I have been wondering what arab humour was like, quite clearly irony is not on the menu. Do you have any arab stand-up commedians and if so what the heck do the talk about since everything seem taboo (from my standpoint in DK).

 
At 2/16/2006 12:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.artpeople.dk/Omar_Marzouk__Booking__3311331.352.0.html

and he speaks danish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home