.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

To whom it may concern

Dear Readers ( Yes! I always wanted to say that.), I wanted to bring two things to your attention: 1) I have been changing the contents and format of my posts a bit lately, you know, giving my blog more of a personal side and writing more personal posts rather then strictly political ones. I am doing that because: 1) It was getting monotonous and I wanted to shake things up a bit; 2) the current political situation has been depressing me- in case you haven’t noticed- and I don’t want this blog to be depressing, which is what it will be in case I keep blogging non-stop about it; and 3) As many people have pointed out to me over and over again, it may be good for my own sake to tone things down a bit for a while. Since I refuse to do that, cause I think it would be the equivalent of selling out, I figured I could tone it down by reducing the quantity of the political posting instead of the quality. This is a good way of doing that I reckoned, because it will keep you guys entertained on the days I am not feeling overtly political. A compromise so to speak! 2) In case you also haven’t noticed (Jeez. You guys need Ritalin or something?), I have been extra prolific today with my posting, and that’s because I am taking a 2 day break from Blogging. It’s vacation time, and my mind and body could use the rest. So I figured I’ve written enough in this blog this past week to keep you busy and entertained for the time being. So don’t go away; go read them and leave lots and lots of comments. Ok? I will be back on Saturday and it will be story time: I will tell you of the time that I got held up at gunpoint at Logan Airport 3 weeks after 9/11 for by-passing all the security checkpoints without an ID or boarding pass and for carrying explosives. And no, I am not kidding. I wish I was! This is a true never-told-before story from the history files of the Sandmonkey, and it will be told for the first time here on Saturday! Make sure you don’t miss it! Love you all, The Sandmonkey PS: Happy Moled El Nabawy everybody!

7 Comments:

At 4/20/2005 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Nadia said...

looking forward to your story, sandmonkey.

about the political climate...how safe do you think blog commentary is? can people track you down or identify you from blogs?

it's a concern that I have too, especially when it comes to religion and politics. take care

 
At 4/20/2005 11:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mowled Nabawi to you as well Sandmonkey.
Highlander

 
At 4/20/2005 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Cynica said...

Unfortunately racial profiling rakes in secular arab, like sandmonkey.

Interested to see the less political side of SM.

 
At 4/20/2005 09:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya oustaz Sandmonkey,

As an American-Egyptian who believes in democracy and equal rights for all Egyptians, I enjoy reading your blog even though it is depressing but it shows the real affairs in our Country. If when read the news coming from Egypt, one would think everything is going well. I hope that even if political repression increases that you will continuously write and brief the outside world the real news in Egypt. As a copt, I am so happy to find a progressive muslim that believes in Egypt for for all Egyptians. I have a lot of cousins in Egypt, and I try to encourage them to protest and demonstrate but they are affraid. The government is affraid of free speech never let them silence you. We must yell loudly that we deserve the same rights as other citizens in the free world. Although the events in Egypt may be depressing, change is on the way, and the diaspora of Egyptians all accross the globe will return to rebuild Egypt to its former greatness if and even Equality and Liberity are restored.

"Fight the good fight."

Tony Fam

 
At 4/21/2005 01:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im not sure if it can be called racial profiling if he actually had explosives on him and was past the security area without an ID or bording pass. that is a pretty serious mistake for the average american, let alone the average arab.

 
At 4/21/2005 06:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, You really do know how to bring your readers back when you take a break!

 
At 4/22/2005 10:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SM,

RE: Airports,

As long as you don't have explosives in your shoes,I think its OK.


Patrice Lumumba

 

Post a Comment

<< Home