.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

What i am reading at the moment

Awesome Book. From the same guy who wrote American Psycho and Less then Zero, and it's equally funny and equally brutal! Some of my favorite Quotes so far: “A smart suit," she sighs. "Being buff. A cool haircut. Worrying about whether people think you're famous enough or cool enough or in good enough shape or . . . or whatever." She sighs, gives up, stares at the ceiling. "These are not signs of wisdom, Victor," she says. "This is the bad planet."


She waves me away. "Animals need as much love and respect and care as we give people." I consider this. I think about all the things I've seen and done, and I consider this. "I think they're better off without that, baby," I say. "In fact I think they're doing okay."
I love this Book!

2 Comments:

At 4/20/2005 01:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't read the book, but you've got to see the movie version of 'American Psycho' w/ Christian Bale.
It's such a great movie.

Don't waste time w/ the sequel American Psycho 2, it's garbage.

 
At 4/20/2005 07:16:00 PM, Blogger Ron Larson said...

Thanks for the book tip. I was not aware that he published a new one.

I've always enjoyed his books. "Less Than Zero" was spot on excellent depection of growing up in the 80's in Los Angeles. They did a good job with the film too, which is rare.

I'll look for it.

Can I recommend a book to you that I really, really enjoyed? One of the best I've read in a long time. "You Got Nothing Coming" by Jimmy Lerner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home