.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Egyptian MP: I support Al Qaeda when it kills Americans

As i said before, there seems to be a group of egyptians who are getting media attention who seem to have no purpose but to drive me insane. The latest of which is Egyptian MP Hamadein Sabahi, who says that any kidnapping or killing of any american in Iraq is a good thing. Sabahi: When the conflict is directed against the Americans, it is good. Any weapon that kills an American is good. Any gun aiming at the Marines is good. Any kidnapping or slaughtering of an American in Iraq is good. Abd Al-Rahim Ali: In Iraq, there are a million Western and international intelligence agencies, which help Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi to disintegrate this country, and to keep the Americans there for another million years. Sabahi: Are you saying America is behind Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi? Abd Al-Rahim Ali: Of course. There is no doubt. I want to tell you something. Sabahi: You mean that America is responsible for the killing of our ambassador? Abd Al-Rahim Ali: Of course it is. The American occupation and the campaign in Baghdad between Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi and the Americans is the cause. Al-Zarqawi, the "Qaedat Al-Jihad" organization in Iraq, and the Americans are the ones who slaughtered the Egyptian ambassador, and prior to that, slaughtered the Egyptian driver, and they are the ones slaughtering the citizens. Sabahi: You cannot but salute this organization when it kills any American soldier - I'm not saying a civilian. I say that the presence of the Al-Qaeda squads in Iraq as resistance fighters, or as part of the resistance, is a positive phenomena that should be supported. Ohh, so the US , who desperately needs arab governments to send their ambassadors and diplomats to Iraq to show their support and recognition of the newly elected Iraqi government, is the one who helps kidnap and kill those same said diplomats? Ahh, ok. That makes sense! MORONS! You know, I can't decide who's dumber: those 2, the woman who said that the Vatican was behind 9/11, or the latest hero of that bunch: an Egyptian driver that was kidnapped in Iraq and has nothing but words of praise for the terrorists who kidnapped him and asks that God blesses Bin Laden. Aghrrrrrrrrrrhggggggggg ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The stupidity, the fuckin stupidity! I swear to god one day i am going to get an aneurysm because of those idiots. Serenity now lord, Serenity fuckin now!

8 Comments:

At 8/07/2005 07:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you man. They piss me off too!

 
At 8/07/2005 08:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever you see the phrase "of course" (or its Arabic equivalent), that is the sign of a weak link in the argument. Another tell-tale is any sentence beginning with "The fact is" or similar. Almost always, the fact isn't.

 
At 8/07/2005 11:32:00 AM, Blogger R said...

Dear Sam,
You might as well join this interesting and deep discussion here

 
At 8/07/2005 12:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get out, Egypt shows Seinfeld episodes?! There is so little I know about arabs!

Happy Festivous :)

You know whats funny, in Canada and the US we call the Iraqi terrorists "insurgants". The egyption government calls them heros.

The only people who are honest enough to actually call them terrorists are the Iraqis themselves!!!

I guess the perspective is a little different when you see your kids get killed by these thugs.

 
At 8/07/2005 01:02:00 PM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

R, are u sure u wnat me to comment there? Mashy, but if people get riled up for what i have to say, i will say it's ur fault. I was minding my own business ya 3am.

Anon: Happy Festivous to you too. Of course we show Seinfeld dude: we like jewish humor as much as the next guy! ;)

 
At 8/07/2005 01:24:00 PM, Blogger R said...

" R, are u sure u wnat me to comment there?"

I don't know.. I was about to ask you to comment wisely, but I think you did a good job. You just said what you think and believe in. Who can be mad at this?

I think any honest comment is good, even if angry; this applies to every comment in that post, and I'm so proud of the discussion. I hope all discussions are like that: honest!

I can't put all the blame on the Egyptian MP, just because: it's something in the water. We need to work on the culture, really really hard. And time is not on our side!

 
At 8/07/2005 01:39:00 PM, Blogger programmer craig said...

Sm, take a look at this good news!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/14/AR2005071401030.html

I think that article refers to the same poll results I saw mentioned on the news yesterday. They were talking about how great it was that support in the middle east for Osama bin Laden is down to 30% now, as opposed to the 64% it was at after 9/11. I guess it *is* good news that only 30% of people in the middle east think I should be murdered, now!

*sigh*

I'm going to choose to disbelieve this report, because I refuse to believe that 30% of the people from the ME that I know want me dead. I just refuse.

That interview doesn't surprise me in the least, though, SM. We see stories like that reported almost every day here in America. About all I ever see when cable news covers Arab media is references to such things. It's amazing how well Al Jazeera's propaganda feeds American propaganda. I wonder if they do that on purpose?

 
At 8/07/2005 06:30:00 PM, Blogger Christian said...

Well, seeing the title first I thought this would a post where you agree with the Egyptian MP, was preparing to shoot some angry words your way when I found out that you're condemning those idiots.

Definitely glad to see some sense here, I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for being reasonable. It's getting so rare these days that it definitely deserves a thank you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home