.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

No blogging today

Dear Readers, I am sorry to inform you that there will be no blogging today, since I will be having a super busy day. You see, I do have one of those, ehh, whatchamacallit, ohh yeah, job thingies it seems and it requires my full attention today. Let me tell you though, when it comes to this whole Job deal, I am like obsessed. I go 5 times a week, sometimes six, and even on mondays ( imagine that), and I spend the whole day there from the early morning to the afternoon. And I did that throughout the summer too. I don't know what's wrong with me, I better go get my head checked or something, cause like, this whole thing is weird. I do have a feeling, however, that this isn't an isolated incident, but a part of a more bigger and stranger phenomenon. What makes me say that? Well, I see people waking up with me, dressed the same way I am and also going to all of those offices and corporate buildings around the same time that I do. Someone needs to investigate this, cause something is fishy here. Anyway... The point is, dear readers, that I won't be around today to give you tidbits on this whacked out world we live in. I know, I know, some of you are like "Well what am I supposed to do now, mr. Sandmonkey?", and for those of you, I urge you all not to fret, for I am not really going to be leaving you here all alone to fend for yourselves. No, no, I wouldn't do that to you. The way I see it, You have three options: 1) The "Open thread" option: You can start an open thread in this post; you know, start a discussion in the comments section. I see it on other blogs all the time and the people doing it seem to have a hoot. In case you don't have a topic in mind and are all verklempt about it, let me give you a good old one: The Civil War: It wasn't civil and it wasn't a war. Discuss. 2) The "Read Ritzy" option: You can go and read the excellent blog of my female compatriot Ritzy; She is as prolific as i am, almost as funny and she will have all kinds of stories for you. And If you don't like her blog- and I have no idea why you wouldn't- you can always check any of the other options on my Blogroll. They are all most excellent. 3) The "Donate to me" option: So you think the world is a horrible place and you want to make a difference, but you don't know how. Well, my friend, you came to the right place for advice. You see that button that says "Make a Donation" on the right hand side of the screen? Well, click on it and donate some money to the "Sandmonkey escape fund". It's a charity that aims to save my ass and get me out of dodge in case the feared crackdown on all Mubarak dissenters after the September 9th elections does happen. Every dollar counts by the way: I am not even close to 15% of the required amount, there hasn't been a single donation all of August and there is like 10 days left. So it's not like i am panicking or anything, oh wait, I am: THIS BUTTON IS NOT FOR SHOW PEOPLE, CLICK ON IT AND DONATE DAMN IT! So as you can see, you have plenty of fun options ahead of you for your day without me. And don't worry, I won't be gone long: I will be back tommorow to fill your lives with joy or utter despair. It's all in the eyes of the beholder me always says, and me is usually right about those things. Have a lovely day, and please remember: No stranger is allowed to touch you in your bathing suit area. See y'all tommorow, The Sandmonkey

6 Comments:

At 8/30/2005 12:37:00 AM, Blogger ritzy said...

I truly hope you'll be able to keep up the blogging! And if they're chasing you/us after the elections, nort Sinai has some good hide outs, caves mostly, I read in the news recently. You will have to grow a beard, of course. Recite the Quran too. And get armed if the lard ass officers comes too close. If I am forced to run with you -- couldn't find better co-refugee though -- and we survive the torture, we might be able to sell the movie rights and live happily blogging together for ever somewhere else!

You shouldn't be working you should be blogging. Can't you blog at work? I do not approve of work but I like payrolls. I would like my name on one of them! Having to go everyday seems odd though, not really part of our culture, is it?

Stoic here, keep it up!
xxx / ritzy

 
At 8/30/2005 02:18:00 AM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

i saw the 1st lines on "manalaa" and it was
NO BLOGGING TODAY

as i couldn't really open my eyes still.. i thought some one already got bored with blogging.. O OH!

but then MY O MY! i was stuck with ur lengthy entry that won't write even if its a normal one on my blog!

LOL.. anyways.. keep up ur good work.. i follow form time to time.. but i dont normally comment..
may b i'd consider that later on in sha2 ALLAH..

 
At 8/30/2005 09:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about this for a topic of discussion: "Abercombie is better then fitch"?

and by the way, did you know that my word verification word is "coqliqr"?

 
At 8/30/2005 12:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Open Thread. Topic: Bad jokes.

So this bowl of tabouli...
walks into a bar ...

And the bar tender says, "I'm sorry, sir. We don't serve food here."

taboomtish

 
At 8/30/2005 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Dag said...

A-hem.

I write to wish you and other Egyptian bloggers success.

Now, if I have some success of my own this will actually show up on the screen.

 
At 8/30/2005 05:19:00 PM, Blogger Papa Ray said...

Well, I'm broke but I did find you a place to get a Fake ID.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home