.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Monday, September 26, 2005

Oh lord, there is another one

I can't fuckin believe this, there is another one: A Long Island woman has pleaded guilty to second-degree rape for providing the hotel room and the liquor so her 13-year-old daughter and a 14-year-old friend could have sex with two young men they had just met. The woman, whose name is being withheld to protect her daughter's identity, allegedly told investigators it was time for her daughter to "have sex and get it over with." The mother, who lives in Sayville, took the girls to White Plains for an overnight shopping trip in April. The girls ran into the men -- Gilberto Gonzalez, 19, of Pleasantville, and Michael Berger, 18, of White Plains -- at a mall, and the men came to the Crowne Plaza Hotel, where the mother and girls had taken a room. The mother bought beer and hard lemonade for the teenagers and admitted Wednesday in Westchester County Court that she was with them in the hotel room when the sex occurred. What the hell is wrong with New York mothers? First the woman who helps her boyfriend rape her 11 year old daughter and now this woman? That's it. I am not , ever, gonna marry a woman from New York or raise my children in New York. There must be something in the water there or something that is making mothers act crazy. New York is out people. Out!

8 Comments:

At 9/26/2005 08:00:00 AM, Blogger Candace April said...

Since I'm already married, I won't take offense.

Keep in mind, though--New York is huge and very populated...

This woman was from Long Island a very, uh, special part of New York (as in short bus special). Before anyone gets pissed off by that, there are exceptions--my husband is from LI and is nothing like the stereotype. In general, though, my encounters with people from LI has confirmed that stereotype.

Pleasantville, unfortunately, is part of the town where I used to live.

I've spent a lot of time in White Plains...that is where most of the shops are in Westchester County.

 
At 9/26/2005 10:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Wife, I disagree. I live on Long Island and it's considered one of the most upscale places in the US (just look how expensive it is to live there). Not the type of area the short-bus crowd could afford by any means.

It's the city people we find wierd. Walk threw any Manhattan street and get an eyeful of the freaks. This incident is actually unusual for LI. Most of the crime takes place in New York City anyway.

Clash of cultures, I guess.

 
At 9/26/2005 10:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang.. "threw" should be "down"

 
At 9/26/2005 01:40:00 PM, Blogger Candace April said...

Anonymous,

I am very familiar with property values on the Island--but since when has wealth necessarily equaled responsibility, intelligence, and, most importantly, class?

Besides, you can't honestly say you've never heard of the stereotypes of LAWN'GUY'LAN?

I could go on for days in a friendly rivalry about LI, but I won't hijack the comments section and it is more fun to do that with my husband, anyway.

If you want to have a real comeback, you could point out that Westchester (another bastion of wealth--though my area of it is not) has seen its share of kiddie sex scandals, as well.

Not really the point, though, in picking on Long Island.

My point was just that New York is a big place...with a variety of regions and peoples.

You say you "live" on LI so I'm guessing you are not from there.

If that's true, loosen up, it doesn't apply to you.

If you are actually from LI, loosen up anyway, you gotta be able to laugh about where you are from...and don't forget to buy some hair gel and gold chains on your way home to your new McMansion.

 
At 9/26/2005 01:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, That's one in how many?
SK

 
At 9/26/2005 04:56:00 PM, Blogger Mia said...

okay SM in defense of us city folk... that stuff happened out in the suburbs not the city itself. More often than not women who aid in those type of crimes have "issues" themselves. It doesn't excuse their actions I personally believe they should be bitch slapped mega hard with a brick and sterilized so that they never have kids again but that's just me. It's nothing in the water they're drinking. It's a damn shame they were allowed to have kids in the first place.

 
At 9/26/2005 05:00:00 PM, Blogger Mia said...

Lmao@army's downlow "Guido" comeback.

 
At 9/26/2005 05:15:00 PM, Blogger Mia said...

WTF? "Clash of cultures, I guess" meaning what? I would be so offended if I thought you were implying something stupid about my city and it's people. When was the last time anyone planned their vacation around the great cultural icon of LI? Other than the Amityville horror and being home The Gotti's what are guys known for again? I'll take the so called freakish streets of Manhattan over LI any day of the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home