.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ohh Dean part.3

Howard Dean is using Katrina as an excuse to rally support against the Roberts Supreme court nomination. No, really! Speaking about the black residents of New Orleans, who were the storm's most visible victims, Dean said that Roberts' "entire legal career appears to be about making sure those folks don't have the same rights everybody else does." "That's probably not the right thing to do," Dean continued, "two weeks after a disaster where certain members of society clearly did not have the same protections that everybody else did because of their circumstances…. I know Judge Roberts loves the law. I'm not sure he loves the American people." Ok, I am confused. Isn't a Judge's job to , you know, interpert the law and issue judgment? What the hell is that " I am sure he loves the american people" shit about? How can he prove that he does exactly? How would Dean know that Roberts doesn't love the American people? He loves the law more then the people? And that's a criticism? Isn't that the Judge's job? Am I missing something? If I didn't know any better, I would say that they are going for the cheap shots, because the Boy is too good and too smart for them to take on directly.

7 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 07:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dean has become the laughing stock of the liberal party after his bruce lee scream. For an educated man with an MD, he sure is a dumb ass...




jonas976

 
At 9/13/2005 07:41:00 AM, Blogger Just Jane said...

I don't know that too many people put much stock in what Howard Dean says...although I'm not a Bush supporter I am sure glad that Dean did not win the presidency.

 
At 9/13/2005 07:53:00 AM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

Jane, maybe because he is the DNC chair? That's the best that they can do! Shouldn't that, I dunno, tell you something of them as a party?

 
At 9/13/2005 08:03:00 AM, Blogger Just Jane said...

I am neither democrat nor republican. But I do think if the democrats want any kind of clout in the future they should chuck Dean as their leader. They seem to be confused and floundering like a fish out of water ever since 2000. I don't see any strong leadership within them at this time. Time will tell if they can learn and recover.

 
At 9/13/2005 09:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last time the Democrats found themselves this far out of touch with reality they changed their names from Whig to Democrat. I'm seeing a repeat of history here but I don't think they get it yet. I'm thinking it will take a veto proof majority in the Senate and another national election loss before they will start to understand that outside of a few cities in this country no one thinks the way they do. Time will tell. I think they put Dean in charge of the DNC because #1 he wouldn't run for President again and #2 he knew how to raise $$ on the internet. Crazy huh?

 
At 9/14/2005 07:27:00 PM, Blogger newc said...

Yah, and to think he could take the helm of the US with NO Knowledge whatsoever of the Constitution. Yah, uh huh. "Presidential Material" there.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

 
At 9/14/2005 07:28:00 PM, Blogger newc said...

Heh ;0

The Whig party, good point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home