.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A friendly exchange

I am riding in a car with my friend H. , who is driving, when we get stopped at a "checkpoint" in Heliopolis. We both have our seat belts on and the kid had his License and registration, so we are ok. The cop approaches and the following exchnage occurs: Cop: License and registration please. H. gives them to him, the cop takes them and goes to the Officer with them. He then comes back without them. H.: What's wrong? Where is my stuff? I am wearing my seatbelt on and everything. Why did he keep my papers? Cop: Well, the officer is getting married soon. H.: So? What do I have to do with it? Cop: Well, you look like a respectful indvidual and this is a nice car, and we are collecting money for him since he is getting married. Me: What??? H.: Oh, ok. And how much do I need to "donate" for his marriage fund? Cop: 10 Pounds will do. H.: Here. (gives him the money). The Cop goes to the officer, gives him the money and brings H. his Papers back. Me: Dude, what the hell? This is blackmail and robbery. H.: Yep. It happens. Me: But this is Ramadan. H.: No Sam, this is Egypt!

3 Comments:

At 10/12/2005 01:56:00 AM, Blogger shamoussa said...

Oh my God! I'm glad I'm not driving a nice car..

 
At 10/12/2005 02:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me: But this is Ramadan.
H.: No Sam, this is Egypt!


LMAO

jonas976

 
At 10/12/2005 03:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that cop's probably lying about the "marriage"? LOL No better than the criminal who sticks a gun in your face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home