.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Cause some people need the help

A waiter informs the rest of us how to order wine in restaurants without looking like an asshole. You know from the first 3 rules that the guy knows what he's talking about: 1. Look at the wine list before asking, “What kind of wines do you serve by the glass?” The list at my bistro’s extensive. If I’ve got to rattle off all the wines, you’re wasting my time. Forgot your reading glasses? I’ll lend you mine.

2. Don’t ask, “What’s cheap?”

3. We love selling glasses of wine! The restaurant makes more money per bottle that way! Pssst! It’s usually cheaper to buy the bottle.

My Mom does the glass thing and it pisses me off. Always buy the bottle. And since we are on the topic of waiters, here is something I wanted to show you guys for a while now: This guy has the most hilariously true post on the make-up and dynamic of the restaurant's staff. If you-like me- have ever worked in the glamorous service industry, you know these people and you might've even slept with one of them (I did with the bitchy waitress). Enjoy the trip down memory lane!

3 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 06:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its always cheaper to buy the bottle but the question is, will you be able to finish it?

 
At 1/22/2006 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Twosret said...

Yeah sure the bottle is cheaper but have you heard of DUI? Mr. Waiter :)

 
At 1/28/2006 06:12:00 PM, Blogger Ron Larson said...

"I'll lend you mine"... What a jerk! He has obiously forgotten who is funding his paycheck. The CUSTOMER!

He acts like the customer is there to please him. If a waiter feed me smart-ass remark like that, I'd would stiff him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home