.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Papa Ratzi

It is now official: Joseph "Papa Ratzi" Ratzinger is now officially Pope Benedict XVI. This won't probably go well with those concerned that the Pope might actually be- gasp- a conservative christian. Amongst those people,Tonecluster reports, a guitarist and his girlfriend who think the new Pope is a Neocon and wanted to petition the church not to "ratify the pope". Apparently what they want to do is , and i quote: "Oh, well, then we need to pressure these guys to put someone more liberal in there.. someone who's not a tool for the neocons." God bless the stupid, for they make me laugh!

5 Comments:

At 4/24/2005 09:04:00 AM, Blogger Josie said...

A neocon! A tool of the neocons! ROTFL.

 
At 4/24/2005 09:33:00 AM, Blogger stefania said...

You know what ? I oppose many of the theories of the Vatican regarding secularism, that I see as the key to a sane democracy-

But, despite my disagreements on ethic issues, I love this Pope because he - unlike the previous one - is not an "anti-war" pope. He supports the war on terror.

Maybe that's the reason for which many leftists hate him.

 
At 4/24/2005 09:59:00 AM, Blogger Jeffrey said...

I was raised a Roman Catholic back when a good portion of the Mass was in Latin, so as a dutiful altar boy I learned the introito in Latin. Later, as a teenager I simply stopped believing. I have been an atheist since then. These days, back home and in deference to my parents, I will go to church for special occasions, even walk up to take the host, but it's all mumbo-jumbo to me.

I can't tell you how sick I am of all this free publicity for the Catholic church we've been swamped with over the last three weeks.

The Vatican is, in my humble estimation, a CON JOB of immense proportions. Luther had his own problems (anal fixation and a sincere belief in devils being just two) but I loved the fact that he flashed a big up-yours to the Vatican crowned cannibals. How did the Vatican respond? Turn the cheek? Are you frikking crazy?! They wanted to FRY that heretic. Some German princes, who saw an opening to twist politics and religion for their own gain, protected him. But the Catholics went on during the Inquisition to illustrate on hundreds of thousands of innocents what they WOULD HAVE DONE to Luther if they had been able to seize his ass.

Religion? Please. Religion is WORSE than the Arab Parallel Universe. People flocking to see the face of Jesus on the side of a road sign or some such shite. Oh yeah, nice.

People, don't get me started. It's Sunday and the Lord has dictated to me that I REST for the DURATION of this HOLY DAY. Riiiiiiiiight.

*

 
At 4/24/2005 06:33:00 PM, Blogger Louise said...

Smokin'!!

 
At 4/26/2005 12:48:00 AM, Blogger J. Francis Lehman said...

Jeffrey,

Religion != GOD. Just ask Jung.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home