.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Monday, May 30, 2005

Words, words, words

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections


"Stood in firelight, sweltering. Bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent. Felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night. Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever, and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves; go into oblivion. There is nothing else. Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us. Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank world." Alan Moore, Watchmen
"What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction." Chuck Palahniuk, Choke
"Some people like to ease into the day. I usually feel better after killing something" Garfield
"Never give anyone your full trust, because sooner or later everyone will betray you. 99 % of your friends are just potential enemies waiting to be created!" My Father
My Horoscope: Gemini (May 21 - June 21): You are really pathetic. I feel so bad for Geminis pouring their heart out to anyone who will listen, though no one does. What is it with you guys? You are always too passionate about everything ... from books to burgers. If you like something everyone will hear about your teary, T.S Eliot rendition of how this wonder has come to you and left you oh-so quickly. It is really fucking sickening. I know you cannot ever be less sensitive than you are know but come on people, at least give us a break. Go whine to your own kind!
" The Terror of falling is not the earth rushing up, smiling and effusive, to embrace you like an old friend you had hoped never to see again. Nor is it the fear of impact, the teeth-ratteling jolt, like the violent thrust you close your eyes and brace yourself for in the night. It is the sense of betrayal, as you arch earthward like a shooting star and look down to see no one there waiting to catch you." Judy Budnitz, Flight

8 Comments:

At 5/30/2005 01:53:00 AM, Blogger Twosret said...

Howa feeh eih?

 
At 5/30/2005 02:58:00 AM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

Mesh 3aref. i am trying to post pics for my 12 things i love about Egypt- shofty, i found more then 10- and i can't seem to get the hello picture thing to work so that i would have pics uploaded with the article. See, this never happens when i try to post something negative, but try to do something positive, well, it never works. It's a conspiracy i tell ya.

Ohh, u meant with the quotes i am using? I dunno. I am not in the best of moods, but i like all of those quotes. Not to mention, the horoscope thing is hilarious. At least i think so. hmmm

 
At 5/30/2005 03:15:00 AM, Blogger Mohamed said...

Its always harder to be positive. Keep trying. Now I'm curious about the pictures too!

 
At 5/30/2005 03:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your father is right ;) I love his quote , I must meet him immediately. Tell him he has a fan !
Garfield , habibi too.
Stop making excuses yabni , 'al the hello thingy is not letting you upload the good posts 'al , 3ala miiiin ;))))

 
At 5/30/2005 03:39:00 AM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

Tab Highlander, try it keddah and if it works for you leeky elkalam.

Mashy?

Cause Hello has been torturing me for 2 hours now. And i won't publish it without the pics. They are not that great, but i think they would add a nice touch.

Oh, and btw, i will tell my father at your own risk. Ask Twosret about him.

 
At 5/30/2005 06:21:00 AM, Blogger gatorbait said...

Sam,I'll bet your dad is about my age. Bien, we two crabby old farts can get together and save the next generation, just like their fathers did . Beer is chilling, the rain is falling and the memories are there today.

Hooah!

 
At 5/30/2005 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Highlander said...

SM please send me the link to this astrology site? It sounds fun, not the usual depressing stuff.

 
At 6/02/2005 10:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to admit, i totally disagree with your papa's words of wisdom. I actually tell my son the opposite..his dad tells him stuff along your papa's lines...hummmmmm could it be a male thingy dunno...I just cringe thinking that i can go on in this life journey untrusting...and you know what..for the 46 years I have been around on this rock i have not been screwed...or maybe i did, but i took it differently...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home