.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Charlie and the Choclate Factory

I loved the original "Willy Wonka and the Choclate Factory" movie when i was a kid, so i was pretty annoyed when i heard that they were planning a remake. However, when i found out that Johnny Depp was going to play Wonka and that Tim Burton was going to be the director, all my fears of it being a thud decipitated: I know that Tim Burton is one of the few with the imagination and vision to do a remake right, and him and Johnny Depp usually make excellent oddball imaginative movies (Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow anyone?) together. Now, watching the trailer of the movie, which got renamed to"Charlie and the choclate factory" after the title of the original play that inspired the first movie, i am faith rewarded and feeling giddy like a 6 year old at an amusement park: The movie looks AWESOME, and i can't wait to see it. They even got the Oompa Loompahs looking cool. I am soo excited. I can't wait. Hehehe Ooompa Loompa, Ooompa Lumpa, Ooompa Lu... ohh, you are still here, ehhh, sorry! Ok, will revert back to adulthood any minute now!

9 Comments:

At 6/02/2005 08:09:00 AM, Blogger Highlander said...

yippee...can't wait to watch it either, plus Depp is sooooooo Oompa anyways ;)

 
At 6/02/2005 08:49:00 PM, Blogger J. Francis Lehman said...

It was originally a book, by Roald Dahl; the first movie really did not do it justice.

At. All.

I'm hoping that this remake will get it right. With special effects being what they are, I expect a Great Glass Elevator movie to follow it, too!

 
At 6/03/2005 02:44:00 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Sorry...that movie always gave me the creeps when I was a kid. the oompas and their little song send a chill through me every time.

 
At 6/03/2005 05:08:00 PM, Blogger Twosret said...

I thought of you Josie once I read Depp lol!

Highlander, you little devil didn't know you have the Depp crush;)

Haven't seen the original one but looking forward to see the remake.

T.

 
At 6/03/2005 05:15:00 PM, Blogger Highlander said...

*sigh* Twosret I'm in love with Depp and Brad ..what does a girl do about this ;)

PS alert alert SM has not blogged for 24hrs مش معقول فينك يبني؟

 
At 6/03/2005 08:32:00 PM, Blogger Twosret said...

Highlander,

Have to disagree with you on this one, Adrian Brody's passion surpass those two ;)

Please don't come back with the nose comment heard it before and it doesn't affect my opinion.

lol

 
At 6/03/2005 08:48:00 PM, Blogger Twosret said...

I might add Highlander that I have been loyal to the independent movie theaters for movies and plays here in the US as I became tired of the hollywood glamor.

Monsoon wedding (Parvin Dabas) and the whole cast is as good actors as all the hollywood actors. I actually can relate to them more because they look like real people.

http://www.mirabaifilms.com/monsoon.html

 
At 6/04/2005 07:17:00 AM, Blogger Highlander said...

Twosret thanks for the link:)

 
At 6/13/2005 12:00:00 PM, Blogger kender said...

Yes, a Great Glass Elevator to follow...I want to see a Vermicious Knid sizzle in the atmosphere....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home