.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Childbirth is not sexy

A couple of men declared to their therapists that they have been sexually traumatized after watching their wives childbirth experience, and uber-femenist bloggers went on the offensive decrying such male jerks and comapring them to racists. hmm... Ok, let's be honest here: While having a child is a beautifull experience, the actual process of childbirth is not: It's messy, it's painful, there is blood and goo everywhere and then the grand finale of having a whole baby come out of the woman's vagina. Yeah, doesn't really turn me on and if it turns you on then there is something wrong with you. Sorry women, but i bet if you watched a videotape of it you will not be getting horny anytime soon either. Luckily Meghan O'Rourke wrote an excellent article here to set those women straight.

5 Comments:

At 8/31/2005 03:15:00 AM, Blogger R said...

Look.
I could have exactly written a similar post a month ago.

But...
There is nothing that can match or describe the amazing moment when you see your baby for the first second of his life; when you see a little head struggling to come out and then suddenly a whole body with moving limbs out there, crying and getting the first shock of life.

 
At 8/31/2005 03:43:00 AM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

Ok, R. we are not disagreeing, I don't think. I said it's a beautiful and special experience, but it's still a libido killer. The process of childbirth is not the kind of thing that would make someone go like " Let's get it on". It's like witnessing a sunset: A beautiful experience, but shouldn't really turn you on.

However, if it did turn you on (sexually that is), then that's another deal entirely.

 
At 8/31/2005 02:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband grew up on a ranch, and has been helping livestock in the childbirth process since he was a child. When I was pregnant with our first child, he was dead set against going into the delivery room with me, because he said he just didn't want to see me going through all of that. My mother attended childbirth classes with me.

When the big moment came, he went in with me, and it was the greatest experience of his life. Wild horses wouldn't have kept him away from the birth of the next children.

It didn't seem to affect his libido, although I'm not sure how closely he observed the whole process.

Bridget

 
At 8/31/2005 02:50:00 PM, Blogger programmer craig said...

I've heard a lot of dads who say their sex life took a big hit after the first baby. And there's a lot of dads who say the opposite. I guess every guy reacts differently.

 
At 9/01/2005 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Mia said...

My friend made her husband go watch the delivery of their first child. The end result there was no 2nd child..their sex life went into the toilet he was scarred for life. They broke up over his inability to see her as a "woman" ever again.

My dad went in with my mom for all 3 of us. He came out just fine, he even appreciated my mom more after seeing what she went through. My mom? For the whole thing she closed her eyes..when they put the mirror in front of her so she could watch her words were, "get the heck outta here with that. It's bad enought i'm living it I don't need to see it. That's some scary looking stuff." Go figure..lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home