.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Thursday, September 22, 2005

To whom it may concern

As my mailbox indicates, some of you seem to be concerned that for the past week or so this blog hasn't really been about writing, but more about commenting on links and stuff like that. And while they all appreciate the linky lovin I provide, apparently they like my writing and miss the times when I used to write long drawn out essays and rants. They are wondering what the hell happend. Well, I can explain... Yes, you are right about the fact that I really haven't been writing a lot lately, but that's because of how depressing it got a while ago. My life is a rollercoaster in many ways and it has crazy ups and downs and there has been a lot of down lately. I don't want that to affect the people that come and read me, but at the same time you come to my blog expecting, in many ways, entertainment. So this was the compromise I had with myself: Until personal mood shifts to the better, this blog would have less personal content and more general-oh-my-god-the-world-is-crazy links, which were also a staple of this blog. I figured if i can't give you something to think about, I might as well give you something to laugh about. The snag in that plan was that most of this blog's visitors are thinking people. If they wanted entertainment without mental stimulation they would watch the E! Channel. So for all of you getting bored with the excessive linking (as the drop in comments shows), me apologizes. My bad. So yeah, I guess this blog will return to its original shape soon. Maybe even today. I just gotta post a few funny links first!

1 Comments:

At 9/22/2005 08:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ran across this today

Paris — A Paris-based media watchdog has released a free guide with tips for bloggers and dissidents to sneak past Internet censors in countries from China to Iran.
The Reporters sans Frontières (Reporters Without Borders) Handbook for Bloggers and Cyber-Dissidents is partly financed by the French Foreign Ministry and includes technical advice on how to remain anonymous on-line. It was launched at the Apple Expo computer show in Paris on Thursday and can be downloaded in Chinese, Arabic, Persian, English and French
SK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home