.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap

I have shitloads of work today, so there shall be no blogging. Sorry. However, if any of you is html proficient, maybe you can help me out with something. See that column on this page's left side? How can I shrink it in size? And If I can't shrink it in size, well, then how can I utilize it the same way I utilized the left one? The first person to give me that answer gets my undying grattitude, which is worth, like, billions. I know some of you are like : Billions? Really?? To those I say "You damn right billions. And you know it's true because I said so!" So get on with it people. Leave instructions in the comments section or send me an e-mail at sandmonkey@gmail.com. See you all tommorow!

5 Comments:

At 10/02/2005 05:16:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kudos for the AC/DC reference

 
At 10/02/2005 07:57:00 PM, Blogger Mia said...

If you want to make it smaller you’re going to have to make a table for it.
Go to this link: http://draac.com/

It’s an a HTML made easy site,it has a whole easy to learn tables course ,as well as other html crap on there.

So you wont mess up you’re the template you have right now I suggest saving your current template in “my documents”. This way you can work on it without touching your actual template and when you’re happy with the results then you can cut and paste it into your current template.

Good luck, if you need help feel free to holler.

 
At 10/02/2005 08:03:00 PM, Blogger Ron Larson said...

Go to settings in your blog and extract the HTML contained within. Zip it up and send it to me. I will look it over, make the change, and send it back to you.

Ron

 
At 10/02/2005 09:19:00 PM, Blogger Candace April said...

Right now, your blog is "centered"...which means it will always center itself on the screen.

You could instruct it to align left, but then you'd need to stick some sort of margin in.

You could keep it center and enlarge the sizes under "Page Structure" of the #content and #main and #sidebar by the same percentage until it looks the way you like. That would make your Blog part larger and shrink the "dead" space.

I'm sure someone else will come up with a better solution...but that's how I would do it with my lack of actual experience and knowledge in this sort of thing.

 
At 10/02/2005 09:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aussie pub rock rules! You can't imagine how proud I am to see an Egyptian quote an Aussie Rock band. Oi! Oi! Oi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home