.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Scene

*This happend today* I go to On the Run to get my usual Chicken Pesto Clubsandwich that I have for lunch, and the following conversation happend between me and the Deli Dude: Me: One Chicken Pesto sandwich please! DD: Club or Sub? Me: Club inshaallah. (The DD starts making the sandwich and I notice that he is spreading butter instead of mayonaise on the bread) Me: You gonna put mayo on that? DD: We don't have mayonaise, so we are using butter. Me: How could you be out of Mayonaise? DD: It's made of eggs, and you know, we stopped buying it because of the birdflu. It's for your own safety. Me: Ehh, this is a CHICKEN sandwhich, and you are worried about the mayo? DD:Hehehe.. I know, isn't it funny? Me: It kind of is. LOL. DD: Well, next time just come with your own mayonaise; this way we are not held accountable. Me: Thanks. lol. Oh Man, first the danish goods boycott and now this. DD: (looking upset) Don't remind me! (whispers) They use danish milk at the coffee stand. Me: Oh, really? Thanks for the heads up. I will make sure not to get coffee with milk then. DD: (smiling in self-satisfaction) No problem man. Just looking out for you! LOL

7 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 04:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did the butter come from?:)

 
At 2/23/2006 05:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess if You buy Danish milk, You don't love the prophet.

Hmm, I'm in Denmark - I cannot buy anything but Danish food.

So I guess I cannot love the prophet then.

OH - I could starve!!
I could starve until the boycott is over!
I could die from famin!
I will meet the prophet sooner than anybody else!

Naa - I am too busy to die.
I have to go home and draw my allocated amount of cartoons while I drink Danish milk.

 
At 2/23/2006 06:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please tell me it was lurpak butter they were using. and if it was, tell me the location of the store because the supermarkets around here aren't selling lurpak and we had to steal the mini-packets from a restaurant. we stole about 6 and the waiter looked at us funny :)

 
At 2/23/2006 06:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't had the heart to cut him down. Aww, that's nice. Nice and tragic.


jonas

 
At 2/23/2006 08:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did end up buying a coffe with the Danish milk then, didn't you?

 
At 2/23/2006 10:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's quite funny indeed.

But, why don't you egyptians buy brazilian milk and chicken instead of being worried about religious and animal sanity issues?

We have the solution for ya!

 
At 2/23/2006 03:31:00 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Gee SM, usually people have to make this stuff up. You just live it. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home