.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tyra Banks...stripping for ratings?

How low can you go?

On Wednesday's show, for instance, Banks will be shown going "undercover" as a stripper at a topless club, although the former Victoria's Secret model stops short of complete disclosure. In the past, she's posed as a Las Vegas showgirl and used her face as canvas for makeup lessons. The stripper segment, she said, was the result of hearing friends and viewers express frustration about the men in their lives spending time and money in strip clubs. "When I found out the majority of business is from males from married homes, I wanted to go inside the minds of the men who frequent these clubs. I wanted to see and hear why they went. And the only way to do that was to go undercover and see for myself," Banks said. "And strip, and show them my boobies. Cause men like to talk when women are topless. Did I mention how smart i am? I mean, look at my face. Half of it is forehead! That's..like..my frontal lobe and stuff. Told you I is smart!" Having Banks strut her stuff incognito as a dancer (named "Chanel") can only be a ratings plus for the syndicated "The Tyra Banks Show," exactly the point in a sweeps month used to set local TV ad rates (check local listings for time). But Banks, 32, said she considers her program, which typically draws a heavily young and female audience, a vehicle to educate as well as entertain. "So remember boys and girls, especially girls: Stripping is wrong, unless you are doing it to raise ratings for the show you got only because you are a genetic freak and make millions of dollars in return. Then it's ok! Hell, you can even call it educational and get away with it! Who needs a college degree anyway, you know, except losers who work for a living?"

7 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 05:31:00 AM, Blogger Chip said...

I'm going to withold judgment on Tyra Banks in skimpy clothing. Some good could come from this hard-hitting investigative journalism...

...Who am I kidding?

 
At 2/28/2006 06:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I knew were she was going to go "under cover" ... I'm such a male sh ... lol

 
At 2/28/2006 08:17:00 AM, Blogger Mia said...

"When I found out the majority of business is from males from married homes, I wanted to go inside the minds of the men who frequent these clubs. I wanted to see and hear why they went. "

Duh five head Banks obviously they are there for the buffalo wings and the beer genius!

 
At 2/28/2006 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Chip said...

Here's the deep, dark, secret, without any effort:

"Boobies! Beer! No nagging!"

You're welcome.

 
At 2/28/2006 10:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bashing Tyra, huh? Man, you sexually repressed Arabs amaze me. Just leave the poor girl to strip in peace will ya.

 
At 3/04/2006 08:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as a stripper, I found the whole episode to be pretty insulting. Tyra can kiss my g-stringed ass if she thinks that she would last one night on the floor of a club. It's a bloodsport in there, dammit. Why do men go? We take off our bras, wiggle, and make them feel for three minutes at a time like they are the only man in the world. Why do women do it? Mostly because last night I made $5000 in seven hours and now I get to sit at home and read blogs on the ridiculousness of Tyra Banks stripping.

 
At 9/12/2006 10:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that show cracked me up! so many of the outfits she wears in Victoria Secret are worn at the clubs by stripper. she needs to get off her high horse. Walking down a catwalk in a glitter g-string is really no differnet than dancing on a stage. Sex sells, Tyra, if it didn't you wouldn't have anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home