.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Pro-America Arab = Crazy!!

This article- thanks Dave- was written by Ahmad Al-Qloushi, a 17 year old Kuwaiti Muslim and a college freshman studying political science in Foothill College in California. Being a survivor of the original iraqi invasion of Kuwait and having to live through it, he is very gratefull to the USA and very much a pro-US sandmonkey himself. Let's just say the left-wing anti- american bias in academia left him a little shook up at first: I was shocked by my Professor’s singularly one-sided presentation. Week after week, I encountered a lack of intellectual and political diversity that I would have more commonly expected to have heard on the streets of pre-liberation Iraq. In this particular class I heard only one consistent refrain: America is bad. In one of his classes, his take-home final was writing an essay about the US constitution, and whether or not it was a document that was really "by the people" and for "the people". This is what he says about his response to the assignment: When I read the assignment I remembered back to my high school in Kuwait. Many of my teachers were Palestinian; they hated America, they hated my worldview, and they did their best to brainwash me. I did not leave my country and my family to come to the United States to receive further brainwashing. I disagreed completely with Dye and Zeigler’s thesis. I wrote an essay defending America’s Founding Fathers and upholding the US constitution as a pioneering document, which has contributed to extraordinary freedoms in America and other corners of the world - including my corner, the Middle East. Care to imagine what the Professor did? Professor Woolcock didn’t grade my essay. Instead he told me to come to see him in his office the following morning. I was surprised the next morning when instead of giving me a grade, Professor Woolcock verbally attacked me and my essay. He told me, “Your views are irrational.” He called me naïve for believing in the greatness of this country, and told me "America is not God's gift to the world." Then he upped the stakes and said "You need regular psychotherapy." Apparently, if you are an Arab Muslim who loves America you must be deranged. Professor Woolcock went as far as to threaten me by stating that he would visit the Dean of International Admissions (who has the power to take away student visas) to make sure I received regular psychological treatment. See, Pro-America Arab = Crazy! That's what you learn in a California College. Isn't that sweet? Anyway, since Ahmad is an arab, and we all suffer from the Arab Arrogance Complex (AAC)- a psycholigical state fueld by a huge sense of entitlment that you are kinda born and bred into if you have enough money to learn abroad if you are an arab- He of course caused a stink and alerted the media. Guess what was Prof. Crybaby's response? He filed a grievance against Ahmad! Hmm, liberals trying to shut you up using legal manuvering; doesn't sound like them at all. Here is what happend: Professor Woolcock then filed a school grievance accusing me, under section 5 of Foothill’s grievance code, of an “act or threat of intimidation or general harassment.” If you are confused by this, so was I. Foothill’s Dean of Student Affairs, Don Dorsey, would not let me see the grievance as filed but he summarized it for me by saying, "Professor Woolcock feels harassed by your having mentioned his name to the media." LOL! Go read the article, it should leave you in a unique state between extreeme anger and amusment. Guess freedom of speech and opinion is only defended by liberals as long as you share their kind of speech and opinions. And don't forget: Pro-America Arab = Crazy!

3 Comments:

At 1/06/2005 02:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandmonkey, First reading of your blog. Welcome to the blogosphre.
Foothill College is in Cupertino CA, the same town where an elementary school teacher was not allowed to teach his students the Constitution because it contained the word "God"! He is currently suing the school district. The educational establishment in the US has been infiltrated by communists IMHO whose only reason for being is indoctrination in Marxist ideas. They hate the USA and want their students to follow along, making sure all the children learn is "self esteem" while collecting huge paychecks, benefits packages and retirements, and demanding more all the time, for the children's sake of course. This is how they plan to eventually overthrow the existing way of government here.
Nowadays one has to be particularly careful about choosing one's college, and many parents are bypassing the elementary schools altogether by homeschooling. This allows parents to teach their own children morals, English, math, science and even the Constitution themselves. The schools and the so called liberals (communists by another name) hate this because a growing segment of the population is escaping the indoctrination (while getting an immensely better education) and depriving the school system of cash, as each school receives about $7000 for each enrolled student. Homeschooling costs only about $200 per year. Amazing, isn't it?

 
At 1/06/2005 05:10:00 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Well now, what I love is this turn of the revolution. In the sixties, the revolutionaries were anti-establishment and felt they were oppressed by the opinions, beliefs and general practices of the conservative government.

Now, the revolutionaries, as in every revolution, have become the establishment and the new revolutionary refuses to embibe the same drink of dionysus, the bitter wine (or whine, if you prefer), the pessimistic punch of the failure of man and democracy. They are challenging the establishment and the old revolutionary/new establishment is finding out they don't like it anymore than the ones they sought to tear down with their own fight.

The irony of it all.

Down with the establishment! Power to the people!

 
At 1/06/2005 09:12:00 PM, Blogger poet said...

A buggers where the sun don’t shine
Are fixed in liberal haunch
Creating such a terrible whine
They blindly banner staunch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home