.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Friday, July 29, 2005

A prelude to a story

I received this e-mail a couple of days ago from a reader called Janet. I sent you an article about my friend, Kristina. She was the only American murdered during the Sharm el Sheikh bombings. While she was originally from Las Vegas, she lived here in Huntington Beach, California for the last several years. I hired Kristina when she had graduated from high school and just turned 17. I relocated her to CA when I opened up the Southern CA office. She was with me for 10 years. My husband and I were helping her through college while she remained working for us full time. Last January, she decided to take some time off and go to England and spend some time with her father and work there for awhile. I loved her very much. I just can not seem to grasp any of this yet. I support you and your friends very much in your protest against the terrorist violence committed in your country. While I can not be there, would you do me a favor and light a candle for Kristina and Keri, the man she was going to marry? I will pray with you for peace. I will be there in spirit, if not in presence. Janet I know it sounds cheesy, but I was truly touched by this and part of me wanted to do this thing for this lady. She e-mailed a total stranger half way across the world to get a candle lit for her friend who died in the Sharm bombings. I am glad that despite all that has happened, her wish got granted after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home