.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Friday, January 14, 2005

Yes, I am still alive and OK!

Hello everyone, Sorry about my disappearance for the past 2 days, but they have been kinda rough on me both emotionally and physically. On Wednesday i found out that my visa application is still "pending" and therefore i can not go to the States this Saturday as was previously planned. I gave in my application November 1st and lucky me mine was chosen to be part of the random 40% of all applications that get sent to DC for investigation. This is a post-911 procedure they said, and should take at least 45 days. When i asked if that's as long as it was going to take, they assured me that they have no idea and that the DC people rarely meet that deadline and that as of now there was nothing that i or they could do about it, so i shouldn't bother e-mailing or contacting them in any way, because they won't even bother to answer me. You have just been screwed by the US government Sir; Have a nice Day! :) Hmm... This was very unfamiliar territory for me, cause ever since i was 2 years old i had the 5 years American Visa on my passport. I used to practically live in Virginia, right nearby the CIA building in Langley as my Mother was getting her second PHD from Georgetown University. I would get my Visa renewed every time on the same day that i went to the embassy. I had managed to renew it a couple of times and i even had a student Visa on top of my visitor one and I attended the special registration required of sandmonkeys from all over the middle-east after 9-11. My point is: They KNOW ME! Why now? Anyway, i understood how the system worked and how for some people the process is more important then common sense. Not to mention, it's their country. They could do anything they wanted! Some people upon hearing this told me that it's been happening for a while now and that the Embassy discriminated against Egyptians. I have another theory: I was wearing a Red Sox Shirt that day and they had just won the world series and that nice American lady , who screwed me over, was a New York Yankees fan. Grr, those damn Yankees! Yankees SUCK and Jeter swallows! ( Ok, i apologize for that little outburst i had concerning the Yankees. I actually like them as a team and I have no proof that Derek Jeter actually swallows. That was just my inner Mass-hole bursting out and blaming everything that goes wrong- as usual- on the Yankees. You can't really live in Boston for 5 years without starting to hate on the Yankees just a little bit, unless you are a hardcore Yankee Fan like The Yankee Dick Himself –God Bless him-and walk around the streets of Boston wearing a NY Yankees cap in front of everyone hostile Yankee-hating faces.) Anyway, i was hoping that i would get the Visa by now, because My Mother has to go to the States for an open-heart surgery and i wanted to be there with her. Unfortunately the Visa Gods in DC didn't deem me worthy to end my suffering, and as of today-76 days later- still did not tell me what their decision is. I tried using my family's connections and the very friendly relationship we have with the American Ambassador to grease the wheels, but he got back to us on Wednesday and informed us that there is nothing he can do. We just gonna have to wait and my mother will have to do her life-threatening operation without me by her side. So naturally I got a little depressed about that. And then i got Food poisoning from eating KFC! Yeah, Insult and Injury. How about that? So yeah, i spent all of yesterday alternating between laying in bed and worshipping the porcelain god in the bathroom. Couldn't really do any blogging, couldn't really do much of anything! Well, except reading all of those "Where are you? Are you ok?" e-mails that flooded my Inbox. Thanks guy, me feels the love, You are awesome! So now that i feel much better, i will try to make up for lost time and give you guys a couple of posts about things that I think are pretty interesting! It takes much more then the US Government and Food poisoning to keep this sandmonkey down! I am from the Middle-East, the modern world's bad neighborhood. Me is tough, Me is strong! Me is gonna shut up now! May the blogging commence!

4 Comments:

At 1/14/2005 05:59:00 AM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

My dad will have to take my place for that trip Josie. It kinda sucks cause it was all last minute for him, but at least she won;t have to go through it alone. you know?

 
At 1/14/2005 06:40:00 AM, Blogger Kat said...

sorry to hear about your mom. I hope it all goes well. I don't want to be accused of being a right wing religious nut case, but I'll be praying for you and your mom (hey, never hurts to load the dice in our favor).

I am really sorry about the food poisoning. That happened to me two months ago and haven't been back since. Tend to avoid those places like the plague

 
At 1/15/2005 01:50:00 PM, Blogger Louise said...

Hey Sandmonkey. Sorry about your mom and about your food poisoning. But I have to confess, I actually enjoyed the little respite we had. Trying to keep up with you is exhausting. You are one prolific dude.

 
At 12/31/2006 11:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poisoning was due to the ghb present in kfc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home