.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Monday, April 11, 2005

The Pope and the arabs

Twosret, an old commentator and provocateur on this blog since its inception, has finally decided to write what she thinks in a post instead of her usual style of leaving 30 different comments on other people’s posts. Her first post is about the Pope and his relations with Arabs and Muslims. She points out the sad fact that Arabs still suck at the P.R. game, and laments the many missed opportunities they wasted that they could’ve used to improve their image. I found it to be an interesting read, even if I didn’t agree with everything she said, so check it out.

7 Comments:

At 4/11/2005 01:45:00 PM, Blogger R said...

What are you talking about!! Twosret is 100% Egyptian.. more Egyptian that you are :)

 
At 4/11/2005 03:10:00 PM, Blogger Twosret said...

Ramy,

I know you were teasing Sandmonkey because of my pharaonic name but I think I might have caused a confusion here to Sandmonkey due to limited time. I might have given Sandmonkey and impression that I'm Palestinian.

You know Ramy I'm almost half Palestinian :) anyway sorry Sandmonkey and you can correct the topic.

After all I think it is not a big deal or won't affect anything.

Thanks sandmonkey for your encouragement in regards to my first article.

 
At 4/12/2005 01:12:00 AM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

See ya 2am, i changed it.

Ramy it was an honest mistake; me and Twosret had a seriously bizaare breakdown in communication. I personally blame her, cause i am physcially incapable of blaming myself for anything! :p

 
At 4/12/2005 05:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the fromcairo blog is by a guy called Mohamed? Who is Twosret?

 
At 4/12/2005 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Twosret said...

Hassan,

Mohamed was kind enough to extend an invitation to me to write an article on his blog. I'm an Egyptian/Canadian living in the United States.

I'm female and my name is a name of a Pharaonic queen.

Mohamed owns the blog from cairo with love you are right

 
At 4/12/2005 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Twosret said...

Sandmonkey,

Barakatak Ya Sam Rabana Yostor I'm famous already in the German political arena.

T.

 
At 4/15/2005 08:48:00 PM, Blogger R said...

Twosret and Sandmonkey...
You guys took it too seriously..

"What are you talking about!! Twosret is 100% Egyptian.. more Egyptian that you are :)"

Isn't it clear I was playing with words. Twosret (the queen) was born and dead before sandmonkey came to life anyway, that's how she's more Egyptian.

As for you Twosret, regardless of your nationality, I didn't like the notion that your comments are driven by a "Palestinian" nationality... Why label people when their arguments make sense without labels?
 

 

Post a Comment

<< Home