.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Resist the blog

This is soooooooo me. I constantly tell myself: Ignore the blog. Do your work. You are an enormous literary figure and cultural icon, not a mere "blogger." You must produce high-end journalism with grand themes and huge groaning multi-syllabic words like "eschatological," and you can't be dribbling away all your ideas on the blog. Be strong! Resist the blog! And then . . . I hear it yowling. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I know exactly what he is talking about. The continual focus-grouping explains why most bloggers write as though their primary goal is to rise in the Google search results. The more you mention people like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, the more readers you will have, and the more links, and the more you will rise in Google's estimation. I have nothing really to say about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and am not even remotely interested in Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, but I know that my blog will be read by more people if it mentions famous celebrities who might be secretly boinking, such as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. (Hiding in shame over my Lindsay Lohan posts; Blohan still gets me lots of traffic till this day) And let me just add, purely for the sake of Google: sex, alien abduction, Oprah, Tom Cruise, Lindsay Lohan, jumbo hooters the size of watermelons, Dick Cheney, Mark of the Beast, Armageddon, free money. Genius. Just Genius!

8 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 08:32:00 AM, Blogger ritzy said...

er.. would my interest in CINDY SHEEHAN be included?

gotta post you another link, just one more today!
http://missmabrouk.blogspot.com/2005/08/grieving-peace-mom-celebrates-return.html

looks fine on blogdigger. see ya

 
At 8/25/2005 10:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, usually I try to avoid using names so I don't get a million people coming to my blog...kind of weird. I did name a name today and low and behold, you are right, I got a whole bunch of new people hitting me. But there is someone I really really want to name...though I continue to refrain from outing him (I think you know who it is...) I love reading your blog--I hope Egypt doesn't crack down on you bloggers. Peace :)

 
At 8/25/2005 12:07:00 PM, Blogger programmer craig said...

I need people to click my profile, I only have 265 views and I saw some guy yeterday with less time who had 650+ :0

 
At 8/25/2005 01:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SM, since the Vatican is reading my blog, I guess I'm not dropping the prerequisites names ;)

Programmer_Craig, your profile does not update immediately after each , sometimes it takes several weeks. But hey I've done my bit and clicked it.

 
At 8/25/2005 09:12:00 PM, Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey Kid !!

This will get you a dozen or so more hits. Maybe you will have to run a post on it. I don't think Goggle picks up the comments.

Micheal Yon and the Gates of Fire, in his latest post, he is right in the middle of a firefight (with camera) screaming at two green soldiers to attack, then he gets pissed and picks up a weapon....

Read it, its worth it.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

 
At 8/25/2005 09:15:00 PM, Blogger programmer craig said...

Thanks Highlander!

Did you click my profile, Papa Ray?

 
At 8/25/2005 09:21:00 PM, Blogger programmer craig said...

Wow... amazing photos in that Michael Yon story! I really admire that guys courage. If I had nothing but a camera I damn sure wouldn't be standing there taking pictures during the middle of a firefight!

Thanks for the link, Papa Ray.

 
At 12/25/2006 07:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good site

http://www.swimsuit.net.in/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home