.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Singers

This is Samy Yusef AP publicity article, which shows him as the "postive role model" that he is for "hip Islamic youth". Easy job when the only other available role-model is Bin Laden I guess. Hey, don't look at me for making that comparison; he did it first: Such role models are exactly what Muslims need, Yusuf believes. "The only famous people we know of are Osama bin Laden and his crew, and this is very dangerous because unfortunately some youth ... are frustrated and are attracted to extremism," he said. Yes Samy, a role model youa re indeed. I look up to the way you use..I mean exploit..I mean.....ehh..involve religion in your....eh... art. And I am sure the money has nothing to do with it at all. Here are the lyrics of the song he wrote for veiled girls, explaining to them what they should say about how the veil most of them are pressured and forced to wear makes them feel like. Notice the line on "you speak of democracy"? Very underhanded, don't you think? Very bad western world. Very very bad! Now let our girl be free by having us cover them up. Ehhh... I wonder when someone will declare a fatwa on his ass for making veiled girls love him. We can't have them thinking about Boys now, can we? In other totally unrelated news, Yanni proved to be the douchebag I always thought he was. Awesome!

9 Comments:

At 3/07/2006 05:47:00 AM, Blogger Leilouta said...

About the lyrics;

"But don’t you see?
That I’m truly free
This piece of scarf on me
I wear so proudly
To preserve my dignity
My modesty
My integrity
So let me be
She says with a smile
I’m the one who’s free "

I don't personally think that is freedom.
I think that is a way of saying that men are pigs and can't keep their you know in their pants everytime they see a girl or a camel for that matter.
Men should cover up too. I know many women who think the same way when looking at guys.

 
At 3/07/2006 06:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha good post Leilouta ;) LOL

Yea, communists in Easter Europeans countries (thanks God those people are free now)
Were saying something like that too

But don’t you see?
That I’m truly free
This RED tie on me
I wear so proudly
To preserve my dignity
My modesty
My integrity
(*intelligence* as well ;)LOL )

Thank you very much for those kinds of freedom ;) LOL

 
At 3/07/2006 07:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let see what Arab-American psychologist Wafa Sultan is saying

http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050#

I’d rather listen to smart people then ‘singers’

 
At 3/07/2006 09:21:00 AM, Blogger Candace April said...

Obviously so free that they need a male singer to speak their minds for them. Brilliant.

 
At 3/07/2006 10:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For muslim women, halloween is a year round thing. It's like when we were kids and we played with masks and costumes. Only difference is many muslim women are forced to do it. I see them in the US with their hijabs on, and I just cannot see myself wearing those things for any reason. I say let all the muslim women learn martial art defense techniques, and when some men scold them for not wearing the hijab, to just open up a big can of whoop ass on those horny bastards.


jonas

 
At 3/07/2006 12:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is NO freedom ,where is Islam
Check this
http://hexagonews.blogspot.com/

 
At 3/07/2006 07:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elengil: Now, that would make a good subject for a song about hijab - the freedom to choose is what makes one *really* free. The freedom to choose hijab or not without being intimidated by threats of physical punishment - that's actual liberty.

No Muslim woman living in a mainly non-Muslim country can escape disapproving looks from one side or the other, whichever way she chooses. But when we speak of freedom in any serious sense, we don't mean "freedom from disapproval". After all, people have a right to disapprove and to peacefully express that disapproval. Part of the requirements of living in a free society is to grow a skin thick enough to stand by your preferences and convictions despite disapproval.

But a Muslim woman knows that if she chooses to wear the veil, she's less likely to get *physically* punished by some non-Muslim nut (though there are probably a few of such rednecked nuts around, I'm afraid)than she is to get punished by an Islamist nut if she chooses *not* to wear it. And if she's living in a theocratic country, that's for certain.

Yes, a song about a woman's right to choose to wear or not to wear hijab - according to her actual preference - unmolested by *anyone*, would be the kind of song I'd want to hear. It would me more accurately to the point.

Whenever I see a woman in hijab here in Melbourne, I always wonder if she's wearing it voluntarily or because she's physically afraid not to. I don't try to read minds. But as a person who has a deeply ingrained passion for liberty, I always wonder when I see hijab, because the question of physical intimidation *does* exist. And because that woman's life and liberty matters.

 
At 3/08/2006 11:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.acage.org/reviews/?id=0001

 
At 5/29/2006 07:32:00 AM, Blogger Ashlin said...

Hm....are any of the people who made these comments VEILED? Are any VEILED BY CHOICE? I cannot stand people that judge without actually experiencing it....have any of you tried to go out with a veil on your head and seen how OPPRESSED you feel? Seriously people, grow up...I am sure a woman in Melbourne will probably wear the hijab by choice, she's not in Afghanistan...seriously, why is it so EVIL to try to be conservative in this day and age....no one comments on the brain washing on NUNS....no...or the brain washing of the Virgin Mary....or Jewish women in their Kibuttz....wait....ARAB...MUSLIM!! OH NO! She must be opressed....FREE HER! Please...seriously, do any of you have any veiled friends....get a life....shut off your televisions, and meet people....Fox News is only ONE channel, and ONE side of the world....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home