.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sharon is pleased with Abbas' measures

This may be a good sign: Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon expressed satisfaction in a newspaper interview on Thursday with measures taken by new Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas to reduce violence. There's no doubt that Abu Mazen [Abbas] has begun to work," he told the Yedioth Ahronoth daily, adding, "I am very pleased with what I hear about what is going on the Palestinian side and I very much want to work with him to make progress." Sharon said that he was keen to help Abbas but gave few other details. "I intend to promote the chances of reaching an arrangement with the Palestinians," said the Israeli leader. "I intend to accommodate Abu Mazen [Abbas] and at the same time to keep my eyes open and to examine the situation on their side." Sharon's top advisor Dov Weisglass met on Wednesday with Palestinian negotiations minister Saeb Erakat to discuss the prospects of a summit between the Israeli and Palestinian leaders. Baby steps everyone. Baby steps. Hopefully one day we will get back on the road to peace in the middle-east! I ,for one, am keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

At 1/27/2005 07:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess all that Iranian Mullah money isn't going as far as it used too!

 
At 1/28/2005 03:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..It's been so long, since Nasser, maybe this time, are we hoping too much again?....but whats this feeling I imagine in the air?

Ricardo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home