.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rantings of a Sandmonkey

Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

So I lost to Zimbabwe

I have lost the third place in the weblog awards to This is Zimbabwe. I have known that for days now, but I have been unwilling to admit it to myself or on this blog. But oh well. I did all that I could've done, from asking people to vote for me, to harrassing them to vote for me, to starting alliances with other bloggers, to waging a vicious smear campaign against my opponents and still I lost my first blog elections. Now I am a loser. With a big L nonetheless. LOOOSSSEERRR! Grrrrrrr...... You know who's fault is this? It's your fault. You and the Jews. Because you didn't vote for me consistently like I asked of you, I didn't even make it to 3rd place. I knew I could never compete with ITM or RCI, but Zimbabwe I could've taken. But apparently even my web visitors suffer from voter's apathy, and now thanks to them (YOU) lots of dolphins have been molested and lots of angels now have cancer. Hope you are happy now! And you know why it is the Jews' fault? Because Isreallycool wasn't a big enough of a threat. Had he been fighting there against me for 3rd place alongside of Zimbabwe, I could've used that to encourage the egyptian readers to vote for me more. You know, to beat the damn Jooooooozzzzzzz. But no, they had to trail me and not be a real threat. Thanks a lot Israel. You've been a real help! But all in all, I got to give it up to Zimbabwe, even if they do use internet vodoo to get their votes, because they won fair and square. Them Boys know that I have nothing but love for them and respect what they try to do over there. They also know that even though I lost the third place, I don't hold any grudges against them. None whatsoever! Ok, maybe just a little grudge. But hey, I gotta be me, you know? But I should take the chance to thank all of those who did vote me and who campaigned for me. Thank you, all of you. Those who put links to me to get me votes will most defintly get a permenant link on my blogroll and a christmas card once I am able to track you down and find out where you all live. Shouldn't take long. I have "The complete Idiot's guide to Hacking" and I am almost done with chapter 1. Shhh........ don't tell anyone! Also, congratulations ITM. You Boys must have a mighty firehose of webtraffic. 3600 votes, Jebus! You guys kicked ass. Rock on. :) Time to go back to blogging now, cause there is always next year! ;)

9 Comments:

At 12/20/2005 02:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must learn from your mistakes. Try & pinpoint the reasons why this happened, then analyse the fundmentals that govern it, inorder to screw it up to your favour.
Blaming the powers that be wont work, try to lure your enemies & shower them with money & gifts, give them power & they shall be loyal to you, & to those who refuse or disobey, elimination.
Try to gather them around you over one cause, convince them its noble & invent a moto such as..hail the monkey or heil monkey or Il Monke & see the results.
What i meant to say is, better luck next year.

 
At 12/20/2005 02:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, tough luck...and exactly right u r"there is always next year"...although I personally think u can't get any better "u rock"..but maybe next year we would have a plane allover cairo with ur URL, or spread the news via msn or yahoo messengers wala 7aga :)) cheer up...and don't let it get into you...ur blog is super cool :)

 
At 12/20/2005 05:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say not bad at all for your first year. What are you? An overachiever?

 
At 12/20/2005 06:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only did I voted multiple times, I rebooted to other OSes and voted as well. Heheheh....

Next year, I'll learn how that voting mechanism work and see if I can, um....well, now, don't want to incriminate myself.

/oh well


jonas

 
At 12/20/2005 01:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU LOST , BUT YOUR STILL A WINNER , FREAK'IN EGYPTIAN SANDMONKEY

 
At 12/20/2005 04:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd, this is hilarious, one of your best posts. Classic Sandmonkey humor. Nobody whipped your ass... that's just the way it goes.

Dan C.

 
At 12/20/2005 08:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the zillion blogs, yours made it to the top few. That's quite an achievement, SM! And, oh yes, we love ya.

 
At 12/21/2005 12:09:00 AM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

Nerro, I didn't even know you read me, let alone liked my blog. Anyway, shokran ya gameel!

 
At 12/21/2005 05:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really!!! of course I read u regularly. Maybe I just don't comment, bas I really like your blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home